Hommage to Barbie

Omg you're first accident ! Thank God for seat belts. Damn cabbies. What'd your daddy say ?

I was just thinking about Cal's zebra shirt and shiny raincoat pants. LMAO. Do we have a picture of that ?

So.. college starts in a couple weeks. Wish me luck. I had to go through all kinds of tests. The latest one included an essay about the play difference between Babie dolls and baby dolls. So, naturally, I wrote about normal stuff.. ya know, like, Barbies promote the superficial views of society, putting pressure on the younger generation to shape themselves according to the "ideal" body, making disorders like bulimia and anorexia common in this modern day and age. Stuff like that. Damn, feels like I'm back in school already.

A couple days ago, we went to dinner at the Strables' (this really cool German family) and I hung out with Anna (a German exhange student) and we got to talking. Found out we have pretty much the same taste in guys lol. Anywayy.. where she comes from, the kids (meaning, ppl our age :P) are divided into Tokio Hotel (German rock band) fans and fans of some Blue-type boyband. Plus, tattoos and piercings are pretty common. Yum. What is it about the bad-boy thing that is so damn appealing ? lol. Okay, it's hot if it's not too extreme. I draw the line at eyeliner :P Notice how the word GERMAN is in every sentence ? Since Dave (figured I'd have to drop the "uncle" sometime, so I'm working my way up to it. First cyberspace, then real-life. Verbally.) lived in a Germany for awhile, he feels a deep love for all things german and instantly bonds with German and german-speaking people alike. Yes, that man has issues but who doesn't ? I, for example, feel very deeply about sushi. And cats. And babies. And cats that have babies.

So, baby girls, have fun during your break. And plan the end of the year trip. We could do something really cool.. ski even. Losta love from your relocated best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment