In Loving Memory

Today is Aunty Cate's 1 year Anniversary since her passing.
For those who do not know, Aunty Cate is Jun's mom.

Even though I only knew her for a year, she always made me feel right at home.

She would always ask me to come over to their house and just spend time, she liked it when there were a lot of people in the house.
I remember clearly all those nights when we would go out for supper, all the times that I sent and followed her to church, all the holidays and family outings she invited me on, the time when I was at home alone with her and she took out her photo album to show me the best times of her life and all her advice and well wishes.
One thing I cherish the most is her
weekly text messages with quotes from the bible or simply her own words. I still keep every one of them in my phone.
All these things seem so recent, but it has already been a year.

I'm thankful I got to know her.


I hope that she is no longer suffering and is among the angels in heaven, as she believed in that after life.




From a book I've been reading.

"I think that spirits live on, I don't know if its in heaven or if its somewhere else, some other place that I don't even know about. But it doesn't just die. It lives on. Even if its in the hearts of the people we love." - tony parsons, man and boy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment